CQC are the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
Make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
- Register care providers.
- Monitor, inspect and rate services.
- Take action to protect people who use services.
- Speak with an independent voice, publishing views on major quality issues in health and social care.
Throughout CQC work to:
- Protect the rights of vulnerable people, including those restricted under the Mental Health Act.
- Listen to and act on your experiences.
- Involve the public and people who receive care
- Work with other organisations and public groups.
- Excellence – being a high-performing organisation
- Caring – treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Integrity – doing the right thing
- Teamwork – learning from each other to be the best we can